- Lightweight and durable Aluminum frame for true trail credibility
- 29” diameter wheels for easily navigating larger obstacles
- Hydraulic disc brakes for increased stopping power
- Rock Shox Suspension fork for an extremely smooth ride
- 10 speeds to choose from for any terrain
The bike industry sees fads come and go. Innovation doesn’t always assure success or even relevance. Luckily, the 29er revolution is one that’s here to stay—and for good reason. The category’s popularity continues to surge ahead, so too has the reliability of our signature 29’er series of Overdrives. 2014 is set to be yet another dominant year for 29’ers with our Overdrives leading the way.
The Diamondback Overdrive Comp packs a punch in terms of value and affordability donning a performance driven package that is spec’d on a frame built to withstand punishment from the trail making it the ideal 29’er for any level of rider. The improved 2014 6061-T6 Aluminum Overdrive series frame boasts of newly formed top and down tubes, a 1.5“ Tapered machined headtube, and forged drop outs with a replaceable derailleur hanger. You get the strength where it’s needed while saving weight so you can go a further faster, and with less energy exerted to keep you on the trail longer.
The Geometry is spot on. The ever so sloping top tube provides ample standover clearance for a 29” wheeled rig. A 71° head tube angle and a 73° seat tube angle create the perfect XC/trail geometry. The 440mm (17.3 inch) chainstays equate to an extremely snappy rig and the ability to easily get the front wheel off the ground – something that not all 29ers can boast.
There’s no denying the rock crawling, root crushing power of a larger wheel. Making the largest of obstacles the smallest of matters is a defining trait of these muddy beasts. By offering decreased rolling resistance, increased traction when cornering and improved ground clearance, one ride upon these massive behemoths is sure to sway even the staunchest skeptic.
Benefits of a 29” wheel are pretty apparent:
- Angle of Attack – Larger wheels decrease your angle of attack by allowing you to roll over obstacles easier and faster. Bigger wheel = smaller obstacle.
- Momentum – A larger wheel enables one to carry momentum easier though obstacles.
- Surface Contact – 29”wheels are less prone to sinking in soft material such as sand and mud due to the larger contact patch causing lower ground pressure. The longer contact patch increases cornering and straight line traction
- Stability – The relative position of the bottom bracket/cranks to the axles in the wheels also means that your relative center of gravity is lower. This results in a feeling of riding “in” the bike rather than on top of it.
- Tire Clearance – with more tire choices than any platform, the 29”wheel easily accommodates off road as well as commuting tires.
- Taller Riders – 29″ bikes tend to offer taller riders a more “natural” frame geometry.
The Rock Shox XC 30 TK 29″ fork with 30mm stanchions gives you 100mm of travel for the perfect amount of cushion up front and a turnkey lockout feature to give you rebound control for help on those steep ascents. Add in Shimano BR-M445 Hydraulic Disc brakes with 180mm front and 160mm rear rotors and you have one of the best in class values for any level of 29er, period.
A full on Shimano Deore drivetrain grant you smooth shifting performance that works in tandem with the Shimano Dyna-Sys 10spd crankset (24/32/42t) with outboard bearing. Add in Diamondback SL-7 double wall rims with WTB Wolverine Comp tires and you are set to conquer any and all obstacles.
The Diamondback Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise handlebars and custom DB AL6061 stem coupled with the DB Micro Adjust seatpost and Race saddle round out this incredible cockpit package.
The 2014 Overdrive Comp is an economical means of getting you onto a premier 29er. Whether you’re just “testing the waters” for your first 29er, or whether you want to add a new steed to the stable, you are sure to be satisfied.
The Overdrive Comp is gloss grey and is offered in SM (16″), MD (18″), LG (20″), and XL (22″).
|Sizes||16″ Small 18″ Medium 20″ Large 22″ XLarge|
|Frame||Overdrive 29″ Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum w/ Formed Top / Down Tube, 1.5″ Tapered machined headtube, forged drop outs w/replaceable hanger, disc only|
|Fork||Rock Shox XC 30, TK-29″ w/turn key lockout, 100mm travel, ext. rebound, compression adj.|
|Cranks||SRAM S800 for 10spd, w/ replaceable rings, 44/32/22t|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed Cartridge|
|F. Derailleur||Shimano Deore 10spd, Low clamp, dual pull, 34.9|
|R. Derailleur||Shimano Deore 10spd Shadow type|
|Shifter||Shimano Deore 10spd Rapidfire|
|Brake Levers||Shimano BR-M446 Hydraulic|
|Brakes||Shimano BR-M445 Hydraulic Disc w/180mm frt / 160mm rear Rotors|
|Cassette||Shimano HG62 10spd Cassette (11-36t)|
|Rims||32h Diamondback SL-7 Doublewall|
|Tires||WTB Wolverine Comp 29×2.2|
|Pedals||Wellgo Alloy forged, CNC MTB|
|Handlebar||DB Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise|
|Stem||DB 3D Forged 7° 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||DB Lazer Series Micro Adjust 30.9mm|
|Seat||DB Race saddle|
|Headset||FSA No.42 , Sealed ACB for Taper Headtube|
|Chain||Shimano HG54 10spd|
|Hubset||(F) 32h SL-7 Alloy w/ CNC Disc Mount (R) 32h SL-7 Alloy Cassette w/ CNC Disc mount|
|Spokes||Black 14g Stainless Steel|
|Grips||DB4L 135mm Kraton|
|Extras||DB Key Chain, Owner’s manual, H20 bottle mounts, Chainstay Protector, Clear Coat, 3 extra inches of wheel diameter!|
|Note||Specifications Subject to Change|
|Size||16″ Small||18″ Medium||20″ Large||22″ XLarge|
|Seat Tube Length **||16.0″||18.0″||20.0″||22.0″|
|Top Tube Length *||22.0″||23.5″||24.5″||25.5″|
|Head Tube Length||95.0mm||105.0mm||120.0mm||135.0mm|
|Chain Stay Length||440.0mm||440.0mm||440.0mm||440.0mm|
|Seat Post Length||350.0mm||350.0mm||350.0mm||350.0mm|
* Measured Horizontally