- Lightweight and durable Aluminum frame for true trail credibility
- 29” diameter wheels for navigating larger obstacles
- Shimano Hydraulic disc brakes for increased stopping power
- SR Suntour Suspension fork for a smooth ride
- 8 speeds to choose from for any terrain
The bike industry sees fads come and go. Innovation doesn’t always assure success or even relevance. Luckily, the 29er revolution is one that’s here to stay—and for good reason. The category’s popularity continues to surge ahead, so too has the reliability of our signature 29’er series of Overdrives. 2014 is set to be yet another dominant year for 29’ers with our Overdrives leading the way.
The Diamondback Overdrive Sport packs a punch in terms of value and affordability donning a performance oriented package spec’d on a frame built to withstand punishment from the trail. The improved 2014 6061-T6 Aluminum Overdrive series frame boasts of newly formed top and down tubes, a machined headtube, and forged drop outs with a replaceable derailleur hanger. These features give you strength where it’s needed while shaving weight so you can go a further faster, and with less energy exerted.
The Geometry is spot on. The ever so sloping top tube provides ample standover clearance for a 29” wheeled rig. A 71° head tube angle and a 73° seat tube angle create the perfect XC/trail geometry. The 440mm (17.3 inch) chainstays equate to an extremely snappy rig and the ability to easily get the front wheel off the ground – something that not all 29ers can be boast.
There’s no denying the rock crawling, root crushing power of a larger wheel. Making the largest of obstacles the smallest of matters is a defining trait of these muddy beasts. By offering decreased rolling resistance, increased traction when cornering and improved ground clearance, one ride upon one of these massive behemoths is sure to sway even the staunchest skeptic.
Benefits of a 29” wheel are pretty apparent:
- Angle of Attack – Larger wheels decrease your angle of attack by allowing you to roll over obstacles easier and faster. Bigger wheel = smaller obstacle.
- Momentum – A larger wheel enables one to carry momentum easier though obstacles.
- Surface Contact – 29”wheels are less prone to sinking in soft material such as sand and mud due to the larger contact patch causing lower ground pressure. The longer contact patch increases cornering and straight line traction
- Stability – The relative position of the bottom bracket/cranks to the axles in the wheels also means that your relative center of gravity is lower. This results in a feeling of riding “in” the bike rather than on top of it.
- Tire Clearance – with more tire choices than any platform, the 29”wheel easily accommodates off road as well as commuting tires.
- Taller Riders – 29″ bikes tend to offer taller riders a more “natural” frame geometry.
The Overdrive Sport is the ideal beginner to mid-level 29er balanced with value and performance. The SR Suntour XCR-LO with 30mm stanchions gives you 100mm of travel for the perfect amount of cushion up front and a speed lock feature to assist with rebound control. Add in Shimano Hydraulic Disc brakes with 180mm front and 160mm rear rotors and you have one of the best in class values for any level of 29er. Period.
Shimano 8spd Rapidfire shifters and Acera front and rear derailleurs give you smooth shifting performance in tandem with the SR Suntour XCR crankset (22/32/44t). Add in Diamondback SL-7 double wall rims with WTB Wolverine Comp tires and you can ride this bike over pretty much anything.
The Diamondback Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise handlebars and custom DB AL6061 stem coupled with the DB Micro Adjust seatpost and Race saddle round out this incredible package.
The 2014 Overdrive Sport is an economical means of getting into a new 29er. Whether it’s your first 29er, you’re just “testing the waters”, or whether you want to add a new steed to the stable, you are sure to be satisfied.
The Overdrive Sport is gloss blue and is offered in SM (16″), MD (18″), LG (20″), and XL (22″).
|Sizes||16″ Small 18″ Medium 20″ Large 22″ XLarge|
|Frame||Overdrive 29″ Butted 6061-T6 Aluminum w/ Formed Top / Down Tube, machined headtube, forged drop outs w/replaceable hanger, disc only|
|Fork||SR Suntour XCR-LO 29 100mm travel, 30mm stanchions, Speed Lock, Magnesium Lower, Alloy Crown|
|Cranks||SR Suntour XCR w/ replaceable rings, 44/32/22t|
|Bottom Bracket||Sealed Cartridge|
|F. Derailleur||Shimano Acera dual pull, top swing 34.9|
|R. Derailleur||Shimano Acera 8spd|
|Shifter||Shimano SL-M310 8spd Rapidfire|
|Brake Levers||Shimano BR-M395 Hydraulic|
|Brakes||Shimano BR-M395 Hydraulic Disc w/180mm frt / 160mm rear Rotors|
|Cassette||SRAM PG-820 8spd Cassette (11-32t)|
|Rims||32h Diamondback SL-7 Doublewall|
|Tires||WTB Wolverine Comp 29×2.2|
|Pedals||Wellgo Alloy forged, CNC MTB|
|Handlebar||DB Lazer Series 31.8mm low rise|
|Stem||DB AL6061 Ahead 7° 31.8mm|
|Seatpost||DB Lazer Series Micro Adjust 30.9mm|
|Seat||DB Race saddle|
|Headset||Integrated FSA Drop-in ACB upper, Zero Stack lower internal cup and cartridge bearing, 1 1/8″|
|Hubset||(F) 32h SL-7 Alloy w/ CNC Disc Mount (R) 32h SL-7 Alloy Cassette w/ CNC Disc mount|
|Spokes||Black 14g Stainless Steel|
|Grips||DB4L 135mm Kraton|
|Extras||DB Key Chain, Owner’s manual, H20 bottle mounts, Chainstay Protector, Clear Coat, 3 extra inches of wheel diameter!|
|Note||Specifications Subject to Change|
|Size||16″ Small||18″ Medium||20″ Large||22″ XLarge|
|Seat Tube Length **||16.0″||18.0″||20.0″||22.0″|
|Top Tube Length *||22.0″||23.5″||24.5″||25.5″|
|Head Tube Length||95.0mm||105.0mm||120.0mm||135.0mm|
|Chain Stay Length||440.0mm||440.0mm||440.0mm||440.0mm|
|Seat Post Length||350.0mm||350.0mm||350.0mm||350.0mm|
* Measured Horizontally